Thursday, April 9, 2009

Allow me to introduce myself......

My first blog - EVER!!!! Woo hoo!!! I have no idea how to use this thing or what to do. But I've been checking out other peoples blogs and have been inspired! I have so many thoughts, so many ideas bouncing around in my brain, I thought this would be a good way to tie them all together. So here goes........ If I can work out what to do.......

Firstly, a bit about me. I love fashion, live for fashion, always have. And it's not just fashion. It's anything pretty around me. Whether it be cool interiors or lifestyle products, landscaping, nice food, I just like being surrounded by beautiful things, things that inspire me, things that make me want to live and give me a rush.

But I have to be upfront. I do have my own business, I design jewellery, fashion jewellery to be exact. It's something I fell into after having my first child. I'd always loved jewellery, if I couldn't afford a new outfit, you could count on me to buy a new pair of earrings, necklace or whatever. But I could never afford the stuff I really liked, so was always stuck with chainstore finds. I always wanted to start my own clothing lable too, but that never eventuated, start up costs were out of control. I left my job of being an accountant after having my child. I walked into a bead shop and lamented to the girl that I wished I knew how to put it all together as I had so many crazy ideas of things I'd like to make going through my head. She showed me one thing and said I'd figure the rest out. And the rest is history! I now design jewellery that is sold through upmarket boutiques in Australia as well as online. Feel free to check it out http://www.marikaking.com.au/. And no, this blog isn't just about me promoting my business. Yes, I will post about it sometimes, but predominantly, it will be about fashion, and just things I like :)

So you might be wondering about the title of my blog - My Jeans Don't Fit. I don't know about you, but me and my girlfriends are always crying on each others shoulders "My Jeans Don't Fit!". And I've just given birth to my second (and definitely last) child, and I still can't fit into my jeans. So stay tuned, join my journey, the journey back into fashion where one day, my jeans will fit!

But for now, my jeans still don't fit!!!

M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails