Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Lovely Name Change!

Phew! Where has the time gone? Once again, so busy, my poor little blog got a bit neglected :( So many things have happened!

Firstly, with my main jewellery line, Marika King Designer Jewellery, I decided this year to try and release ranges monthly. While I have all the ideas, the time to design, source suppiles, create, photograph, update websites and contact boutiques in such a short span of time was abit tricky. Whilst I'll still be releasing a new range this month, I think I'll opt for every second month as I find it abit hard to fit everything in. The new range is coming along nicely, some pretty stylish earrings, love heart inspiration, deer and fox mounted necklaces, vintage alcohol necklaces as well as some french influence! So it's a bit of a mixed bag. I can't wait until the next range already, I've got some awesome ideas which I hope work out as good as I imagine.

The comes my other line, the one formerly known as Lovely Little Shop Of. Well, there was a bit of an issue with the name, and it really wasn't worth fighting for it, so we had a little competition and the new name of the shop is Lovely Sparrow & Co, which I personally prefer. It's really taken off, I think the whimsical and vintage style of the range resonates with so many people, it's abit different to what is out there but still affordable. It's available online at http://www.lovelysparrowandco.etsy.com/ as well as the occasional designer market. I'll be at one next weekend, so watch out for the details shortly!

And meanwhile, I've gone back into fashion oblivion! Being so flat out organising all the ranges and basically having zero time for myself, between that and the family, the weight has piled on (no way the jeans are fitting or anywhere near it), no time to play around with my wardrobe and barely any time to even hunt around to be inspired. I went shopping yesterday and all that was out there was .................. boring! Anyway have any great style ideas for winter, drop me a line, I need to get out of this funk. This latest range I'm working on should be out in the next week or two, then I'm taking some time out for me, to try and shed some extra kgs, play with my wardrobe and rediscover my style.

And I'm also commiting to keeping up my blog more regularly, I think it'll help me keep inspired on all levels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails